The future vision for our county will have to include a vast conversation. We must have 2020 conversations for our 2040 problems. I am already a part of those conversations. Let’s keep them going. The 8 cities, towns and 27 communities of Larimer County will need someone on Day One that understand the issues facing us now and in the future. I am that person.
Here are some of the issues in Larimer County that I have been part of the discussions and/or planning. Please look into the issues and contact me or come and see me at any of the events or forums coming up.
A Vision for Larimer County
Larimer County is comprised of 8 cities and towns that include 27 different communities. These are the issues we are facing today and will continue to face in the future. Stay tuned for more information about these topics.
- Affordable /Attainable housing
- NFRMPO (North Front Range Metropolitan Planning Organization)
- NCRA (Northern Colorado Regional Airport)
- Neighboring Counties
- Albany, WY
- Laramie, WY
- Protect our Natural Resources
- Continue to be good stewards of our environment
- COVID-19 Recovery (Families over Failure)
- Helping and protection the most vulnerable
- Reducing the barriers for our non-profits and faith-based communities to help.
- Mandates from State and Federal Governments
- Reducing barriers to entry for small business.
- Recruiting solid primary employers to Larimer County
- Keep taxes low and create efficiencies that allow us to continue to provide the services that are right for our county
- County Organization
- Staff retention and recruitment
- Parochial behavior of communities
- Cost of living in our communities
- Property rights
- Mental Health and addiction
- Senior access to services
- Veteran’s services